[Talk-us] Maxweight in the USA

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Nov 2 22:51:14 UTC 2015

On 11/2/15 4:59 PM, Andy Townsend wrote:

> I'm not from the US, and I'm not sure what the right answer is (if as
> a community you're happy entering maxweight=4.5359237 it'd certainly
> make everyone's lives easier), so I'm posting this here and then
> retiring back across the Atlantic :)

i'm an advocate of tagging using local units. i have recently observed
that a bunch
of maxweight values i set to "10 tons" were changed to "10" with the
default of
tonne, which is of course not an equivalent unit.

so i don't like the "si units only" clause, i don't like undiscussed
tagging changes of
this type, and i especially don't like bulk edits that introduce errors
into the database.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux