[Talk-us] CrossCountryRoads.com

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Wed Nov 4 19:20:15 UTC 2015

I also echo the thanks to Tom Valazak for saying "yes" to this
permission and to Martijn for asking.

I wish to remind talk-us readers that finding sites and data pools
like this and asking and receiving permission is one of the most
successful endeavors that OSM volunteers can do.  It allows us to
enrichen our data and engenders good will about our project(s).

The United States Bicycle Route System WikiProject recently was
granted permission by the American Association of State Highway and
Transportation Officials (AASHTO) to use AASHTO-published route data
so OSM can enter accurate national bicycle routes directly from the
source of their original publication -- the state Departments of
Transportation (DOTs) that develop them on behalf of their state's
People.  OSM-US and this WikiProject are very grateful for this
permission (and say so!) as using these data are a key ingredient of
the growth of this project.

So, just another example of a very good thing to do for OSM, coupled
with a corollary reminder:

Ask and you shall receive!  (Well, not always, but if you don't, you won't!)

Go OSM!

SteveA
California