[Talk-us] San Diego county addresses

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Nov 5 17:12:49 UTC 2015

Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com> writes:

> I am not local to that area so am not best to work on correcting
> this. And, in fact, I am not sure I know the best way to fix them. The
> house numbers and streets seem reasonable (at least the addresses
> adjacent to the business I added seem reasonable), just the addr:city
> tag appears wrong in this case.

There are two issues; social and how to fix things efficiently.

On the social side, definitely message the person and ask.  If they
don't reply, you've done your duty.  The other half of social is
deference to locals.  But I see that more in cases where there are value
judgements[q in what to do, not for things that are clearly incorrect.
And of course posting here may get some attention from other locals.

Technically, I suspect there could be some sort of josm plugin to retag
addr:city on all nodes that have a particular addr:city in an area.
Actually I bet you can do it by searching and selecting them all and
then setting the tag.  A bit scary though to be sure you don't do
something by accident; I'd suggest a fresh download of the affected area
so you can be sure not to retag stuff you aren't trying to.