[Talk-us] Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in, favor of relations

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Nov 6 22:48:26 UTC 2015

On 11/6/15 5:01 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> > Stop rendering this key and instead render the relations

>> > Is there *any* map style that does this at the moment?
>> >
> I believe Toby had a working mapnik-based renderer doing this on osm.us at
> one point, though i'm not sure what became of this.

it was never on osm.us so far as i know. the demo is still up here:

http://bl.ocks.org/ToeBee/raw/6119134/#13/42.6276/-73.8955

Phil Gold did a lot of work on this, but he's been busy with other things
and i haven't heard of any work on this in a while. i got a lot of the NYS
county route shields up and running.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux