[Talk-us] Importing Buildings and Addresses for Austin, Texas

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:07:04 UTC 2015

Were steps taken to remove pre-existing buildings in OSM from the imported
data set?  As an example, see [1].

Looking at the data in the area, this seems the case, but I didn't
exhaustively search through all the files.  Replacing existing hand drawn
buildings with imports from the city's GIS system would probably be
preferable given the quality of the hand drawn buildings.  (compare the
outline in [1] to satellite imagery).

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/28570675