[Talk-us] 0,0 Cleanup

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Nov 14 21:14:44 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 10:42 PM, Elliott Plack wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There's a lot of sandbox type data at 0°, 0° on OSM. Any special
> method to clean that up? I noticed it on the Mapbox Foursquare map,
> because creating lists defaults the map to 0,0 at z10. Any way we can
> polish that area up?

It looks okay right now, though there was a bad place=locality there a
day ago. The rendering Foursquare uses may not be up to date.

Cleaning this area up is pretty easy since all that's there is a buoy.
You can just select the other data and delete it.

For some time there was a LearnOSM tutorial that periodically leaked
data to the region, but that's been fixed. Of course, occasionally
there's data that makes it there with software bugs, generally in import
conversions, and I think some JOSM versions start at 0,0 in the right
conditions.

Note: 0,0 is quite clearly not in the US ;)