[Talk-us] Proposal: Sunset ref=* on ways in, favor of relations

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Nov 20 03:54:46 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 5:31 AM, Paul Fox wrote:
> okay.  then, speaking as the maintainer of an independent renderer:
> where are such sunrise/sunset transitions announced/scheduled/tracked?
> is the "announce" list the place to be?  (all i usually see there is
> server outages.) can someone point me to a region (most of) whose
> routes have been converted, for testing?

There is no formal process for sunsetting a tag. Regardless of the
discussion here people are certain to use ref tags on ways, particularly
in areas where relations are not used at all for road routes.

As a data consumer you can choose what to do. Even in some new stuff I'm
working I'm not handling road route relations.