[Talk-us] Should driveways be on OSM?

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:45:13 UTC 2015

>> -If the driveway is long and wrong, or short and inside an urban area,
delete it.

Any data that is reasonably accurate (i.e. possible to determine what on
the ground the data is supposed to represent) and is verifiable should not
be deleted. There might be some exceptions, such as personal information,
but driveways are not one of them.

>> So my plan is to change to hwy=service, service=driveway, delete private
unless posted
By removing access=private you would be removing a valuable piece of
information. Maybe the community can come up with a better tag, but we
should not just delete the "private" tag.