[Talk-us] Best iOS app for GPS wander, GPX to laptop into OSM?

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Oct 6 05:53:36 UTC 2015

Marc Gemis writes:
>I've tried OsmAnd, OSMTracker and KeypadMapper 3.
(and more).

Thank you, Marc!  I "prefer" (as it's familiar, though maybe old
school) a dedicated GPS and a USB cable, too.  But then there ARE
smartphones enabled with GPS, and they CAN and SHOULD do this sort of
"capture and squirt" (GPX data at OSM) the way I'm discussing.  Just
finding the right app (iOS and Android) to do it is all.  Wireless
(Bluetooth?) would be very neat, and GPX seems like the right data
format to act as a data format vehicle.  Yes, and not too darn many
tap-tap-taps on that tiny screen!  The phone is the data capture (and
squirt it) device, the laptop (and iD in a web browser) are the
editing environment.  Let's connect these (wirelessly).

SteveA
California