[Talk-us] OpenStreetMap US elections: October 12 townhall with candidates

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Oct 14 17:53:50 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 1:33 PM, Wolfgang Zenker wrote:
> One idea would be to have a mapping party doing TIGER fixup for one
> rural county, then contact the local newspaper, write an article what
> has been done and ask for help regarding wrong/incomplete road names,
> wrong data caused by outdated imagery, etc.
> My guess would be that newspapers in rural towns would be happy about
> every article regarding their local area that they can get.

  I agree with this - just some armchair work from existing mappers
won't increase overall participation in rural areas, but some
preliminary work (untangling TIGER is *hard* for new mappers), followed
by newspaper announcements to check road names, etc would bring in some
people.   Also suggesting to add parks, park details, trails, etc would
further attract some people.