[Talk-us] Increasing the number of US Mappers

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Oct 15 00:42:27 UTC 2015

Mike  Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:
>> in each state, have a state mailinglist,
> I think that is a good idea, or a metro area
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States)
> mailing list.

Sure.    The tension is to get critical mass, common interest (a lot of
issues are within states), and local enough to view the others as
neighbors not yet met.

> As for watching for bad edits and talking to people, I
> am sure given the right tools we can help automate this watching.

It's not about noticing - it's about actually fixing the problem.  We've
had recent discussions about railroad deletionists and now motorway
demotionists, and I don't think that in either case we had an
appropriate response.