[Talk-us] Legislative districts, Land-use zoning, etc.

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:10:00 UTC 2015

OSM is not the ideal tool to be a dumping ground for all GIS data. It
excels at holding information that users can see, verify and update.
Boundaries like this cannot be seen or verified by anyone except the
government agency that originally made them. So the data gains no
benefit from being in OSM and in fact makes it more difficult to
update both the boundary data as well as non-boundary data in the
vicinity.

Yes, we do have national/state/county/city boundaries. Some people
aren't happy about this either... but they are tolerated because they
enable geocoding functionality.

Toby