[Talk-us] Increasing the number of US Mappers

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Sun Oct 18 16:26:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:28:18 -0400
Bryan Housel <bryan at 7thposition.com> wrote:

> Agree with everything you said about *why* groups are important,
> except that: now that it's 2015, Facebook groups is really a better
> place for this.

Well, isn't Facebook so two years ago? :-)

As for state mailing lists, that seems a little unnecessary. I am new
to the list so I may be wrong, but this seems to be a list with
reasonable volume.

And, even though I am in California and am not going to get excited
about, for example, road types in Kansas, it is not a problem to be
aware of the discussion.

To me, the mailing list is a useful adjunct to my other sources of
connection, those being the user diaries and the occasional meet-up
(which we have a lot of in SF, so YMMV). Just my $2/100.

- ray