[Talk-us] Should driveways be on OSM?

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:44:20 UTC 2015

I delete plenty of TIGER driveways myself (mostly in the midwest,
*highfive*!), but I wouldn't say that the accurate ones should be
removed. If they can be identified as private driveways, they could more
easily just not be rendered on a map with no loss of accurate data for
people who might find that sort of thing useful. My general approach has
been to leave the truly accurate ones untouched, but to delete anything
who's deletion leaves the map more accurate. I just don't feel inclined
to redraw them.

I should specify, this is my (personal) policy only for untouched TIGER
imports.

Cheers,
Nate