[Talk-us] Bike lanes tagging

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Aug 9 11:42:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Martijn van Exel <martijn at openstreetmap.us>
wrote:

> Let me know if MapRoulette can help here. We did a similar challenge with
> NYC bike lanes before with some success.

For this sort of thing, I really think more attention needs to be paid to
lane-tagging in general, especially since it's not a given that the bike
lane will be the outside curb lane.  Not sure how it was done in Seattle,
though in general I think it's a good idea to include these in the lane
counts with the appropriate lanes:bicycle=*designated* and
lanes:motor_vehicle=*no* tags in addition to cycleway=lane.