[Talk-us] An actual mini roundabout!

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 05:37:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Rihards <richlv at nakts.net> wrote:

> On 2016.12.09. 00:44, Elliott Plack wrote:
> > You mean these things aren't?pasted1
>
> no. here the road is physically making a circle, and you cannot cross
> the middle section - it should be mapped as a separate way, not a single
> node.

A long time ago with Potlatch 1, I would not have been able to make these
separate ways.  Thinking back to those days, I like it when knew mappers
use the mini_roundabout to mark the area shown by Elliot.  When I get a
chance, I expand these nodes to a separate way.  I make sure that I keep
the node as apart of the new separate way for history's sake.   I do the
same for mappers that mark a swimming pool with one node.  It gives me a
chance to build on other mapper's work in a positive way.

Regards,
Greg