[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:00:22 UTC 2016

They're using the same map they used in Ingress, a game they launched when still part of Google. That one is known to have come from Google. It makes sense that any map databases they had when the break happened would still be owned by the company; they just wouldn't have maps that included changes since then.

A co-worker plays that game, and he and I compared Pokémon places in our area with the ones in that game, and they're identical.

-jack
--
Typos courtesy of fancy auto spell technology