[Talk-us] Local event calendar

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Feb 4 18:15:28 UTC 2016

Good point. While the process is more cumbersome than I would like, it is good practice to have our events appear on the OSM wiki.

On that note. I have been talking with Clifford Snow (Seattle), Eleanor Tutt (St Louis) and Charlotte Wolter (LA area) about ways to make local OSM groups more successful. We started with identifying the currently active groups and Clifford is going to bring the list on the wiki up to date: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States#Local_OSM_groups <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States#Local_OSM_groups> (Feel free to help him out by adding groups you know of, removing defunct groups, or updating info).

We get on the phone every other week. The next meeting will be this coming Monday at 5pm Pacific Time. We would love for more people to join and share ideas.

One thing we have been talking about is to make openstreetmap.us more community focused. An event calendar for the U.S. would be a great part of this. Just an idea for now.

Martijn