[Talk-us] [Imports-us] RFC: LA County building import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Feb 13 07:33:04 UTC 2016

Maning,

On 02/13/2016 06:45 AM, maning sambale wrote:
> We are proposing a building import of the public domain building and
> assessor data for LA County [0].

How many of your team are local to LA, and how are you cooperating with
the OSM community in LA?

What is your estimate about participation of local mappers? Is it likely
that we'll see 10 people participating, half of them not even living in
the area, and each of them importing 300,000 of the 3 million buildings?

That would be my main fear about this; it is not unheard of for previous
building footprint imports in the US to be called a "community import"
but the community was really a very eager one-digit number of people who
mostly didn't even have any ties to the area they were importing in.

Can we have the hope that the LA building footprint import will be
handled by people who have actually been to the area they see on their
editor screen?

Will there be people participating in this community import as part of
their day job?

Bye
Frederik