[Talk-us] Another state route shield renderer and tutorial

Minh Nguyen mxn at 1ec5.org
Wed Jul 27 23:39:48 UTC 2016

As I mentioned in the diary post, it doesn't handle any of those cases. To be sure, there is a regular expression behind the scenes to ensure that Texas Loop highways for instance aren't given the us-state shield value. On the other hand, there isn't any logic to sort out true edge cases like Arkansas Highway 43.

I still believe combining that regular expression with the spatial query is a step up from the common practice of using only a regular expression, and in optimistic that, if nothing else, this demonstration will spur others to keep working toward true route relation support.

Minh Nguyễn
Sent from my autocorrect-ennobled device