[Talk-us] [Imports] Kansas City addresses from maps.kcmo.org

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jul 28 22:12:37 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:02 PM, teslas_moustache <
teslas_moustache at riseup.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure if property lines and ownership are useful. And I don't
> think that building outlines are included, so I may need to continue
> with drawing rectangles for a while. But hey, addresses!
>
> What needs to be done?

While property lines don't belong in OSM, they can be useful. Having parcel
boundaries can be useful to figure out the address of a building.
Especially if you can get access to the property, i.e. the owner has no
trespassing signs posted. Other tools such as QGIS and PostGIS come in
handy for getting your data ready for import.

As far as what needs to be done. First, read the import guidelines on the
wiki. Then create a import page on the wiki as described in the wiki. Get
the local community involved. Announce on talk-us as well as this list.

Good luck,
Clifford

--
@osm_seattle