[Talk-us] Western TIGER Roads

Alan Bragg alan.d.bragg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 19:30:13 UTC 2016

​I've tried to fix TIGER roads near Show Low AZ
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/34.3565/-109.7752
where my daughter has a cabin.

I could not reach her cabin in my high clearance van so I called it a
highway=track.

The best roads appear smudgy black because they've been covered with
volcanic ash.

Most of the roads are only drive-able up to the last building.

Many of these roads have signs with name and often a number. I'm told a
number prefixed with a C is maintained by the county and those prefixed
with a N are not.

I have read the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_States_Unpaved_Roads_Tagging

Is there any other resource? Maybe some links to well tagged areas.

I'd appreciate someone letting me know how to improve my tagging.

Alan