[Talk-us] highway=service + landuse=residential

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Wed Jun 15 06:59:00 UTC 2016

On 2016.06.15. 09:39, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us
> <mailto:clifford at snowandsnow.us>> wrote:
>
>     Interesting - mapping curb to curb. I doubt it could be used for
>     routing but it sure renders [1] nice.
>
> Not that I've done this much (usually on freeform parking lots with no
> established lines, whoever gets there first sets the order of the day),
> though shouldn't a routing engine be capable of dealing with something
> like highway=service area=yes?

last i heard, most (all ?) do not. if the area is connected to an
incoming serviceway, routing will guide you along the border of the
area... which in most cases would even be enough.

lately i have seen (and use myself) an approach where the area is
mapped, and serviceways are also mapped through it for the main
directions of travel. these "guidance" ways are also connected to the
area at all the places where they cross.

it's somewhat similar to riverbank area & waterway=river through it :)
--
  Rihards