[Talk-us] Is USBR 11 in Maryland complete/correct in OSM?

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Jun 20 00:51:26 UTC 2016

To be clear about USBR 11 in Maryland:  for source data, this OSM author looked at many things, including a combination of text-based instructions and the red-yellow-green lines published by Maryland DOT and OSM’s own data like Elliott’s tags to my FIXME tags.  This author also finds it prudent to mention now and again (including in this national forum, sorta like a PSA) that using Google data in OSM is not allowed.  As much as it might stink for a moment to say that, I’ll take the heat for having so many fingers point in my direction for saying it.  Again, please don’t copy from Google maps in OSM.  Peeyew, just saying it out loud feels kind of sour.  But that will linger just for a bit, it’ll blow away quickly.  Thanks, no offense, anyone.

SteveA
California