[Talk-us] mapRe: (Second attempt) Potential data source: Adirondack Park Freshwater Wetlands

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:36:36 UTC 2016

I support the careful import of high quality data whose license is
compatible with OSM. Those appears to be one of those cases. I believe the
existence of high quality data will aid in the recruitment of new mappers
and will encourage high quality contributions from those mappers. It is
much easier, and less daunting,  to add  additional detail from an
on-the-ground  survey to some high quality data than it is to start from
scratch. People also like to be associated with successful projects, and
the more high quality data we have the more successful we will be in the
eyes of potential new mappers.

Mike