[Talk-us] [Imports] Boston, MA, USA addr:housenumber Import

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Mar 17 15:27:48 UTC 2016

I should point out that I'm not opposed to this import or address
imports in general; generally, I am supportive.  But, I think the doing
an import right is vastly harder than someone who hasn't been through
one thinks, and that it's good to iterate on approach and data quality,
and not rush or have a deadline/planned completion time.

These comments are partly based on the Mass buildings import, which I
think was hugely successful.  The data was spot checked by lots of
people and found to be very good, it was added in a way which avoided
changing any hand-mapped data, it's led to mapping missing subdivisions,
and we've had basically zero reports of problems from it.