[Talk-us] City of Norfolk Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Mar 28 02:09:53 UTC 2016

Looking at your sample import, building at 746 29th Street is adjacent to
East 29th Street. Norfolk interactive map has the same street name. Is it
possible that the pre_direction has been omitted in your script? I didn't
check any other.

Across the street from 2900 (E) 29th Street is apartments. They do not have
housenumber even though the city has the data in the database. I would
recommend including those addresses as nodes.

Not sure if it is a big deal, but if a building, such as a garage, doesn't
have a housenumber, I usually don't include the postal code, city or street
name. My thought is it doesn't add anything to the import.

Thanks,
Clifford

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Jonah Adkins <jonahadkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey OSM-ers.
>
> I'd like to propose an import of city-sourced GIS data for the City of
> Norfolk, Va. The source data via open data portal has a compatible license.
>
> 80k buildings / 53k with addresses — 66%!!
> More info/sample data at links below
>
> There are quite of few existing edits that i will be conflating with GIS
> footprints during the process, as well as validating/fixing any issues.
>
> Github -> https://github.com/jonahadkins/norfolk-OSM-imports
> Wiki -> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/City_of_Norfolk
>

> This message has been cross-posted in Talk-US, Imports-US, & Imports.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Jonah