[Talk-us] Improving coverage of exit numbers and destinations on motorways

Duane Gearhart duane at mapzen.com
Tue May 3 14:30:31 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I believe the way-junction:ref should be used in addition to the node-ref
only when needed at splits - like this example:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Exit_Info#A.2FB_Split_Example
These types of splits do not happen very often - however, when they do -
having the way-junction:ref helps to improve the guidance for the user at
key decision points.

Regards,
Duane