[Talk-us] Tagging National Forests

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Wed May 11 03:10:49 UTC 2016

Eternal vigilance is what liberty costs.  I maintain that my forests are my forests.  Maybe a sign or current campfire regulations prevent me from collecting downed wood, but if I’m camping in a National Forest (and I’m a citizen or a national) I’m going to assume that is true until it is proven otherwise.  This is the Department of Agriculture’s land (mine, ours) that I’m on.  Those fallen branches are mine, and will make both me and my tea warm, perhaps even hot if I care to go there.

Sure, contacting the local office of the national forest is the best, local, “today” knowledge.  But a national forest is a national forest is a national forest.

I am an adult am the owner of these lands, along with millions of others.  Impassable trails and starting a fire don’t scare me.

Go ahead and consider landuse=forest as useless, that will go down like the Hindenburg.

SteveA
California