[Talk-us] [Imports] Proposed import cleanup: Olympic peninsula streams

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu May 19 10:30:34 UTC 2016

On Thursday 19 May 2016, Paul Norman wrote:
> - Simplifies them with JOSM, set to 2.5m threshold

That's not a good idea - incidently that is *never* a good idea for a
meachanical edit, especially not with an absolute threshold.

I also don't see significant meaningless detail in the data so even if
this was an original import i would not think this to be a wise
measure.

Even if you decide to do this none the less you would have to make sure
not to touch nodes that have been manually moved after the original
import.

> - Changes source=US-NPS_import_... to source=US NPS

This should be completely removed from the nodes and only retained on
ways.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/