[Talk-us] Timezones in USA?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 26 20:17:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 05/26/2016 09:22 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
> Perhaps it would make more sense for the timezones to be their own
> areas on the map, rather than being represented by tags added to
> existing areas?  (Most or all of the nodes for such areas should
> already exist.)

I have deleted a couple of such time zone polygons account of not being
verifiable on the ground.

I don't know how time zones are defined "at the source" but it is very
unlikely that someone puts up signs. I guess there'll be some kind of
definition that can be kept *outside* of OSM, and can be translated to
polygons with the help of OSM if desired.

Bye
Frederik