[Talk-us] Tagging karaoke bars?

Andrew Wiseman awiseman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:00:07 UTC 2016

Anybody know the best practice to tag it? I was thinking just tagging as a
bar (or restaurant, or whatever) then adding karaoke=yes , which seems to
be somewhat common on Taginfo, 166 uses.

The place I am thinking of is one of those spots where there's a bar and
you rent a small room with friends in which to sing (like in Lost in
Translation.)

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/karaoke

There was a proposal for a separate key for amenity=karaoke but it seems
pretty quiet, and there's only one use for that on Taginfo.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Karaoke_box

Thanks,
Andrew