[Talk-us] Fresno Parcels Deletion proposal

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 21:01:07 UTC 2016

On 11/26/2016 2:43 PM, Brian M Hamlin wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>   people are invited to see a blog post on the topic of Fresno County
> landuse=residential legal records, aka PARCEL.
>
>   You can find the blog address in my signature.
>    thanks very much

I've long supported cleaning up the Fresno import by removing
landuse=residential, and have done some work on remapping the areas
myself, but I've found there's too much cleanup of the import to do by
hand. There's some issues with
http://blog.light42.com/wordpress/?p=2553, mainly with parts of the
process which aren't identified:

- how to delete the data;
- how to identify the data;
- how data edited by users since the import will be identified and handled;
- problems with disentangling the imported data from other data; and
- when the process is defined better, it should be on the OSM wiki.

So, I'm supportive in principle, but there aren't enough details yet.