[Talk-us] Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest (landuse=forest and US National forests again)

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:25:58 UTC 2016

My take:

landuse = forest ---> human managed
natural = wood ---> natural

I don't agree with designating USFS land as landuse=forest, unless we can
agree to abort the use of landuse=forest for tagging clumps of trees. We
need a best common practice here.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:09 PM Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

On 11/29/2016 7:14 AM, Andy Townsend wrote:
> All I know of the area is"lots of parts of it do have lots of trees",
> but does the landuse=forest assignment make sense on the National
> Forest boundary, or should it be on the forested areas within?  I
> mention this here rather because I'm sure there are people here
> familiar with the area, which I'm not.

The forested areas within. Or natural=wood, both get used in practice,
but that's an entire different mess.

Elliott Plack
http://elliottplack.me