[Talk-us] MassGIS Road Import - Lanes

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:33:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Spencer Gardner
<spencergardner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone on here familiar with the process that was used to upload MassGIS
> road data for the state of Massachusetts? I'm noticing a lot of incorrect
> lane information on one-way residential streets and wondering if the bulk
> import process could be the cause. I'd love to hear if anyone else has come
> across this.

Not intimately knowledgeable here, but aware. I recall there was
widespread problem with one-way streets because the import was
inconsistent in one-way polarity. Those are i hope mostly fixed by
now. I don't recall discussion of lanes, though.

My own street is similar, one-way and we have 1 travel lane plus both
side parking in reality and it's coded as lanes = 2.

IDK how or why.

As to the Bulk import , at the time, MASSGIS had better data than
TIGER so that was the basis in MASS. I'm cc'ing a couple folk who
might remember if lanes was odd in MASS GIS.
But if we're lucky someone from MASSGIS will speak up.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux