[Talk-us] Tree Survey

Valerie Anderson valerie at andersongeospatial.com
Wed Sep 28 15:23:55 UTC 2016

Hey Bryce,

I recommend existing data collection software for standard municipal
tree surveys. iTree is free and is good for mobile collection. The
downside is it requires a windows computer to handle all the data and
run the simulations. It's easy to export data from iTree and I think
setting up an import script to osm would be totally cool and easily
reusable. I know there are other software but I know the most about
iTree.

Good luck! I am advising my local tree committee about what to do with
an old arcgis tree survey.

Cheers,

Valerie