[Talk-us] Sabotage or a really bad bot?

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Mon Apr 3 01:26:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

         I came across a really weird situation
while doing a Maproulette change.
         In Rustberg, a small town in rural
Virginia
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id#map=16/37.2772/-79.1011),
almost every driveway has been named after the
street it intersects. In addition, numerous very
short "driveways" have been created, some of which go nowhere.
         The edits all were done four years ago,
it seems. Here is the message about the edits:
"Edited almost 4 years ago by bot-mode
Version #2 ยท Changeset #15805152."
         I removed most of the names and the
"driveways" in town, but they continued well out
of town, and finally I gave up. Could someone
take a look at this and, perhaps, reverse the change set?
         Thanks

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A