[Talk-us] Willoughby, Ohio

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Dec 3 19:34:00 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> The street in question is Stevens Boulevard http://www.openstreetmap.org/#
> map=17/41.64710/-81.42325 it seems that there is an issue mainly with
> trucks and speeding, seems like a  classical rat run.
>
> There seems to be a "no trucks" restriction and potentially lower max
> speed on the road itself (none of which is mapped in OSM), but the input
> from the concerned people is rather sketchy (I'll be adding what I've been
> able to extract in a couple of minutes). Obviously we are under no
> obligation to remove the street, nor would that make any sense at all, but
> we can still try and help the people living there.
>
> And yes both the DWG and the LWG regularly receive a small number of
> complaints of a similar nature, so it is nothing particularly special
> outside of the missing data.

Is it possible we can respond with a request for more accurate information,
in order to get this handled faster than it otherwise would if we don't
happen to have anyone specializing in metro Cleveland?  I get that they're
trying to game the data to get navigation software to handle the situation
better than it is, but obviously removal is a non-starter.  If we can
better describe the road, that may help if they didn't overengineer the
road for more traffic than they want on it.