[Talk-us] Coolidge Corner, Brookline, MA has wrong zip code

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:45:48 UTC 2017

I'll note that we've seen other Nominatum issues in Greater Boston, e.g.
County for a point near Somerville/Charles town boundary.

OSM used MassGIS not Tiger in Mass. for initial import. It was better than
Tiger back then but has different problems. I mention this because USA
rules of thumb only partially apply here.

Both Suffolk and Norfolk Co have multipoly and/or relations, so Nominatum
convex hull geo search can easily get confused if the data isn't perfect.
Brookline is one of Norfolk's two exclaves. Of course, zip boundaries cross
government admin boundaries at the USPS convenience, and aren't well
published. Nominatum does best effort ? So we may need to add Zip to some
points or admin poly?

CC-ing the Mass. Talk Group ...