[Talk-us] Walmart Import

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 13:13:07 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I wanted to remind everyone that we're all trying to make the map better
here. Please be careful with the words you choose to use so that they
aren't condescending or attacking.

For example, in this message from Peter it's very easy to read the
sentences about opening hours as a personal attack on Ilya and not a new
critique of the proposal. It might have been better to write:

"I'm worried that this import will replace more specific holiday opening
hours with the generic year round string. Will the import process include a
check to make sure the object hasn't changed since you ran the conflation
so that changes like this don't get overwritten?"

There's no need to make the claim that the import gets to have more weight
(no one said it did) and there's no need to direct the message at Ilya. As
has been discussed before, he's helping Brandify with tools.

Happy holidays,
Ian