[Talk-us] Talk-us Digest, Vol 110, Issue 37

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Wed Feb 1 02:29:34 UTC 2017

On Jan 31 21:46:57 UTC 2017, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>  wrote:

> I added the takeaway from this discussion to the wiki.  Feel free to amend as necessary.

OK, thank you Frederik:  I did.  I mentioned that in some states we may see a tag on state parks (or, for example, state forest land) of boundary=national_park:  these may have "equivalent to or better protection as national parks," so the semantic is identical (it quacks like a duck, so we call it a duck).  Some states may choose not do this.  As each of our fifty states are as sovereign as the federal (national) government, each can do this, and citizens of any such state who are also OSM volunteers simply channel into OSM the intentions of everybody else in that state via its "State Park Department" (or Department of Natural Resources, or whatever).

Very nice:  I'm glad we got here!

Consensus can be such a beautiful thing,

SteveA
California