[Talk-us] Choptank River
elliott.plack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 04:13:44 UTC 2017
Thanks for the inspiration Simon. I spent some time today in JOSM improving
the accuracy of the Choptank. Here's the finished relation:
1. Previous editors had created about 10 relations that were adjacent. I
removed all of the relations but saved the raw lines and added it to this
2. I removed a lot of lines with jagged boundaries.
3. I used fast-draw at various scales so that the resulting river would
look nice and be a close approximation of the river.
4. I also added the Broad River, Harris Creek, and Tred Avon Rivers using
the same methods. These tidal rivers are near the mouth of the bay.
Next steps (anyone can help)
1. Improve the smaller tributaries.
2. Add the river centerlines for the tributaries if they do not already
3. Add the wetlands. (as you zoom out with the river selected, the "blue"
zones seem to be much wider than the actual river in places. Those areas
are big swamps.)
4. The rest of the eastern shore :)
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 12:05 AM Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> It would strike the locals as very odd if the Jamaica Bay or the Great
> South Bay were labeled as "Atlantic Ocean."
> It's certainly wrong above head-tide where river is fresh-water and
> Where navigable brackish and tidal, we'll look at you a little funny for
> not knowing the right name * but yeah, it's salty.
> *(as with people whose GPS uses some federal formal name no one uses)
> Bill Ricker
> bill.n1vux at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-us