[Talk-us] I think I got this right...

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Jan 24 16:57:43 UTC 2017

The only problem I can see is that you may then have three levels of relation hierarchy[1] which I find troublesome because it will make numbered route management harder for most people to know how to do.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t particularly like the complexity of having to maintain each member role either, but I think this could be more easily fixed by smart JOSM parsing (or a JOSM plugin) than having more levels of relations. I also think the member role approach would probably sit better with the international community.

Martijn

[1] Super-super-relation for state, super-relation for cardinal direction, relations for each direction.