[Talk-us] SEO Damage to OSM

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 15:27:45 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/30/2017 06:21 PM, Clifford Snow wrote:
> > Edits, from what appears to be a search engine optimization company
> > (SEO), have damaged a number of ways in the US.
>
> Was it not possible to determine the user accounts responsible and then
> have DWG revert all their contributions? Or did these accounts also
> contribute good data?

Back in April I did send an email to DWG. I also included the response with
the DWG name redacted[1].  Here's part of the problem.  I have identified
an account that is a spam account.  There is a pattern to these spam
edits.  If I do tell you that only bad things come from a single account
and I am not engaging in an edit war and if I tell you the way that was
altered was malicious, then to leave these spam accounts around, let's them
still win.  They have their account with the same data as in the tags.