[Talk-us] SEO Damage to OSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 5 19:00:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 07/05/2017 05:40 PM, Andy Townsend wrote:
> On 05/07/2017 16:27, Greg Morgan wrote:
>> I've seen the DWG go after real newbies because they are exited and
>> want to make a difference but make a few mistakes.
>
> Have you got an example of that (offlist if it would be preferable)?

Yes, I would like to see that claim either substantiated or withdrawn
with an apology.

> A significant amount of my DWG time is spent trying to persuade mappers
> around the world to allow new users to make mistakes, which they
> inevitably will before they get the hang of things. I've certainly not
> seen "the DWG go after real newbies".

It does occasionally happen that the first thing an ambitious new
sign-up does is import a couple thousand nodes which will then swiftly
be reverted - but that's not "going after" someone, and I seriously
doubt that the freedom to sign up and import data without consultation
is what the community wants us to uphold.

Bye
Frederik