[Talk-us] SEO Damage to OSM

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Jul 6 02:42:52 UTC 2017

The "mechanical Turk" term is not an ethnic slur, but instead an allusion
to a famous 18th-century chess-playing automaton, made to resemble the
upper body of a man in traditional Turkish clothing, mounted on a cabinet.
It was eventually revealed to be a fake automaton, operated by a man hidden
inside. The modern term refers to a human working a repetitive job, because
they are cheaper than developing a computer program to do the job.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk?wprov=sfla1>