[Talk-us] SEO Damage to OSM

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Jul 6 11:01:30 UTC 2017

On 7/6/2017 5:42 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Reverting all these edits would probably create a lot of collateral
> damage. We could manually go through them and revert all that contain
> marketing speak, but even that would probably throw out a few babies
> with the bathwater here and there.

   In the larger picture, what damage is being done to OSM by the
'spam', once the correct and standard tags are being used?  I'd like to
have it clear that it's being reverted on the basis of being a stealth
import where the origin of the geolocation data is suspect, rather than
just having more words in the description tag than an average mapper
would include.

Some local business owners also include that sort of verbage when they
add their own business.