[Talk-us] Best practice in Lane Editing 3

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Jul 18 16:06:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Horea Meleg <horea.meleg at telenav.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing lane numbers in Detroit area. We
> have two cases, where any opinion would be appreciated.
>
> *Case 1 *
>
> We are editing lanes and turn lanes and we came across with those 2
> situations:

I'd consider "a" to be better mapped, though could use improvement,
connecting it to the ways to the north and south and specifying turn
restrictions (since, theoretically, an emergency vehicle, could physically
make it).

> *Which road geometry do you think is correct edited? The links are edited
> different even that, according to Bing aerial imagery they should be edited
> in the same way. Also, in these situations, each road geometry causes a
> different lane and turn lane tagging. *
>
> *Case 2*
>
> We have this situation:
>
> 42.6515832, -83.1619915
>
> I wouldn't consider the hooks to be part of the same ways on the sides,
but their own links.  Might have to research local rules to find out what
turn restrictions would be applicable.