[Talk-us] Territorial municipalities, Guam's villages (Max Erickson)

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:14:32 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea
<steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:
>> Max Erickson <maxerickson at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> The image the linked image was traced from provides no provenance
>> (beyond "Own work"). It's tough to go from there to being sure that
>> derived data is okay to contribute to OSM.
>
> It is explicitly CC BY-SA 4.0.  Does OSM have a problem with that?

Don't I recall that CC0 is the only CC license that isn't a problem?

BY - is attribution on the Contributors page good enough? Nobody knows,
so we ask for specific clearance.
SA - ODBL doesn't require SA for certain derivative works.
ND - Totally unacceptable for a database open for all to edit..
NC - We do not restrict the field of endeavour of our users.