[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Sourcing Open Aerial Imagery

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Jul 27 17:29:08 UTC 2017

Am 27.07.2017 um 16:23 schrieb Bryan Housel:
> TODO:  We don’t have a template letter, or clear guidelines on which
> imagery licenses are compatible with our use, and we should.
>  See https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index/issues/166 .  Like
> you said in your other email, tracing is very different from
> importing, so the existing ODBL advice is not what we need.

Just as a clarification: OSM does have guidance and suggested waiver
texts
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Waiver_and_Permission_Templates
which is sufficient for use as a background layer in your typical OSM
editor. Note there is an ongoing discussion of some of the finer details
of the scope of the editor-layer-index in project:
https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index/pull/344